martes, 22 de octubre de 2013

                                       

   SONGS FOR CHILDREN



Welcome again! Today I have an important question for you all… Do you like music?

I leave you some seconds to think


..............
..........
.......





Ok, I am pretty sure that your answer is YES! Of course, everyone likes music. It forms part of our life. We have music wherever we are: in the street, in the university, in the car, at home, in the school… 

Moreover, we can use it for everything: to make a video, to show pictures, to dance, to sing, and, why not, to teach.

In this post I am going to talk about Educative Songs.

As you all know, nowadays we can use any resource we want to impart a class, like we have seen in the university we can use reading maps, storytelling, nursery rhymes and so on. Then why don’t use a song to make the students learn? It’s a really simple way to facilitate the learning.



We are lucky to live in the XXI century, and have Internet, because if we search on Youtube we will find lots of videos for children. When I did my second training period I saw plenty of children songs with the students of the first cycle. There were songs to learn the colours, the routines, the animals, the numbers, the hobbies…



The best singer of educative songs, since my point of view, is Matt R., an American musician from New York. He has written every song he has, especially for children, because he loves them and he enjoys doing this work. Raquel showed one video of him some weeks ago, and I knew him because of my last training period (my tutor loved his songs).


I am going to show you my favourite videos and, I think, most useful to teach.


This is to learn the daily routines



To learn the days of the week

  
                                     To learn the parts of the body
                       
                       

If you visit his youtube channel, you will discover all of his videos and I imagine that you are going to like them! In addition , he has a webpage where there are lots of songs and resources to use with the students :)


Let's try to use music to teach! It will be funny


I hope you like this post and be useful for you! See you soon



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario